- Allen's Battles of the British Navy.
- Revised and enlarged. Numerous fine
Portraits. In 2 vols.
- Andersen's Danish Legends and
- Fairy Tales. With many Tales not in any
other edition. Translated by CAROLINE
PEACHEY. 120 Wood Engravings.
- Ariosto's Orlando Furioso. In Eng-
- lish Verse. By W. S. ROSE. Twelve fine
Engravings. In 2 vols.
- Bechstein's Cage and Chamber Birds.
- Including Sweet's Warblers. Enlarged
edition. Numerous plates.
** All other editions are abridged.
With the plates coloured. 7s. 6d.
- Bonomi's Nineveh and its Palaces.
- New Edition, revised and considerably
enlarged, both in matter and Plates, in-
cluding a Full Account of the Assyrian
Sculptures recently added to the National
Collection. Upwards of 300 Engravings.
- Butler's Hudibras. With Variorum
- Notes, a Biography, and a General Index.
Edited by HENRY G. BOHN. Thirty beau-
- --------------; or, further illustrated with
- 62 Outline Portraits. In 2 vols. 10s.
- Cattermole's Evenings at Haddon
- Hall. 24 exquisite Engravings on Steel,
from designs by himself, the Letterpress
by the BARONESS DE CARABELLA.
- China, Pictorial, Descriptive, and
- Historical, with some Account of Ava and
the Burmese, Siam, and Anam. Nearly
- Craik's (G. L.) Pursuit of Knowledge
- under Difficulties, illustrated by Anec-
dotes and Memoirs. Revised Edition.
With numerous Portraits.
- Cruikshank's Three Courses and a
- Dessert. A Series of Tales, with 60 hu-
morous Illustrations by Cruikshank.
- Dante. Translated by I. C. WRIGHT,
- M.A. New Edition, carefully revised.
Portrait and 34 Illustrations on Steel,
- Didron's History of Christian Art;
- or, Christian Iconography. From the
French. Upwards of 150 beautiful out-
line Engravings. Vol I. (Mons. Didron
has not yet written the second volume.)
- Flaxman's Lectures on Sculpture.
- Numerous Illustrations. 6s.
- Gil Blas, The Adventures of. 24
- Engravings on Steel, after Smirke, and
10 Etchings by George Cruikshank. (612
- Grimm's Gammer Grethel; or, Ger-
- man Fairy Tales and Popular Stories.
Translated by EDGAR TAYLOR. Numerous
Woodcuts by Cruikshank. 3s. 6d.
- Holbein's Dance of Death, and Bible
- Cuts. Upwards of 150 subjects, beauti-
fully engraved in fac-simile, with Intr-
oduction and Descriptions by the late
FRANCIS DOUCE and Dr. T. F. DIBDIN,
2 vols. in 1. 7s. 6.
- Howitt's (Mary) Pictorial Calendar
- of the Seasons. Embodying the whole of
Aiken's Calendar of Nature. Upwards of
- --------------- (Mary and William) Stories
- of English and Foreign Life. Twenty beau-
- India, Pictorial, Descriptive, and
- Historical, from the Earliest Times to the
Present. Upwards of 100 fine Engravings
on Wood, and a Map.
- Jesse's Anecdotes of Dogs. New Edi-
- tion, with large additions. Numerous fine
Woodcuts after Harvey, Bewick, and others.
- ---------------; or, with the addition of 34
- highly-finished Steel Engravings. 7s. 6d.
- King's Natural History of Precious
- Stones, and of the Precious Metals. With
numerous Illustrations. Price 6s.
- Kitto's Scripture Lands and Biblical
- Atlas. 24 Maps, beautifully engraved on
Steel, with a Consulting Index.
- ---------------; with the maps coloured, 7s.6d.
- Krummacher's Parables. Translated
- from the German. Forty Illustrations by
Clayton engraved by Dalziel.
- Lindsay's (Lord) Letters on Egypt,
- Edom, and the Holy Land. New Edition,
enlarged. Thirty-six beautiful Engrav-
ings, and 2 Maps.
- Lodge's Portraits of Illustrious Per-
- sonages of Great Britain, with Memoirs.
Two Hundred and Forty Portraits, beau-
tifully engraved on Steel. 8 vols.